We all are smiling lately, though, because of Steve's new job! As I said before, we are very excited. He beat out over 100 other applicants to be offered the position, so it is definitely a big confidence-booster that we needed. Our next step is to find affordable housing in the Twin Cities area. As much as we have loved and benefited living with Steve's family here, we are very eager to get our own place again. We'll keep you all updated on that point.
Even during the excruciating wait period while we had yet to know if he got the job, we did some fun things. We went to Duluth, where Steve's brother, Michael, ran his first marathon (way to go, Michael!). And we also made it to a Twins game which was a blast. For Steve's birthday present I bought tickets for us to go and Steve's mom and Joseph and Michael got to come along, too. Nash was all decked out in his baseball t-shirt and hat and decided that his favorite player is the pitcher. He also enjoyed getting a hot dog to eat and dancing to the music over the loudspeaker. Ava slept through almost the entire game, believe it or not (and it was loud in there!).
Here are some pics from Duluth:
And here are pics from the Twins game:
(did I fool anyone with my post title into thinking I was announcing that I was having Twins?)
9 comments:
BAHAHA - I kept reading thinking I'd figure out when your twins would be coming...
Good one Barb - and CONGRATS STEVE!!!
I didn't think you were pregnant with twins, but I was wondering who was! Sounds like you guys are having a blast. I am so excited for you guys. Ava is so cute!
Sounds like lots of fun. Ava is sure a cutie. Congrats Steve on the job! We were away from our computers last week on vacation and I missed the first post. We are so happy for you guys! We also miss you terribly.
We would totally love to see you if you come out. I will be gone 3 weeks in August, in Guatemala for work. It would be fun to work something out! Cute Kids!
Barb, your family is so cute! I'm so happy for you and Steve. Hard to believe it has been nearly FIVE YEARS since we had our adventure in Africa together. Congrats on the job Steve, life is always so much better when you have a 'real' job and your own place! :)
As for the twins....I had to think about it and thought, no....it isn't Barb, probably someone in the family. The sad thing is....I knew you went to the twins game and it didn't register. Can I blame it on my pregnancy hormones?
I was very intrigued by the Twins in your title. We have so enjoyed having you in our ward. We will miss you!
Yay yay yay!! Hurray!!Congrats Steve!
YEAH for the job! That is such great news for you guys. I can't believe how big Ava is and how much she looks like Nash. Are you still working? I am glad you are back blogging a little more regularly now. It is fun to hear how you are doing. We are renting for 6 months and still looking and hoping to buy soon. It has been fun and stressful looking at home :)
Post a Comment