My calling (assignment) at church is that I am the Primary chorister. So that means that every Sunday I get to spend about an hour total teaching and practicing songs with children ages 3-11. I love working with kids and enjoy spending time with them. I am not very "musical" but as it turns out, I have enjoyed the experience. Once a year, the Primary kids get to present a program in church. They spend one hour saying thir speaking parts and singing songs all based on the yearly theme. This year, the theme is "My Eternal Family." Since I am the chorister, I have the songs running my head all the time and quite frequently sing them around my home. The other day during lunch, I started singing one of the songs and Nash joined in. I had no idea that he could sing the words! I was so impressed that I secretly turned the video camera on to get this video as we sang it for the second time together. It is amazing how much kids learn without you even knowing it!
Speaking of kids learning without you even knowing it, Ava picked up a new thing recently. She has started shaking her head. She did it one morning (below) in response to Steve shaking his head when he was talking to her. Now she does it a lot when she is happy or excited about something. It is really pretty funny.
Today we went to visit Steve's work so we could see his office. We had a good time. He works in a building that has industrial style decor and is nice and open and light. We had a nice time visiting his work and meeting some of his colleagues.
6 comments:
Wow look at that smile! I love the last picture! So cute.
nash has got to be the cutest little boy ever!
What cute kids! That's awesome that he has been learning the songs for primary. What a cutie.
Your kids are getting so big! And are way cute! That is quite the calling you have. I'm a primary teacher and have been in constant awe of our chorister since I first was called. I am sure you do an amazing job with it.
I love the one of Nash singing with you. And hooray for having the same calling as me! :) We're not doing that song in our ward here but it is a great one (I kind of wish we were!). When is your program? Ours isn't till the 15th...so I'll be singing things around here more and more until then! Cute kids!
I love Nash's singing! Simone also just started singing and it makes me smile every time - 2 is so much fun!
Post a Comment