Sunday, November 8, 2009

NaNoWriMo

November is National Novel Writing Month! Steve and his brother, Adam, are participating along with many others around the nation.

The goal is to write a 50,000 word novel in a month. That's a lot of writing. So far, the people participating have written over 591 million words this month. Wow. I'm not one of those people. But more power to all those who are taking the challenge.

To get in the spirit of NaNoWriMo, we threw a kick-off party this weekend. Well, I guess it wasn't a kick-off party, since they already started, but more of a momentum party. And a party with only three people. But we had a blast! Steve and Adam both did a reading of their work so far (and I must say that the writing seems like it is going well). We had dump cake (in honor of dumping the words out onto paper this month), we played Bananagrams (a fun word game), and we played a poetry-writing game where we finished each-others' poems by only reading the last line written.

Very fun indeed. And if any of you out there are participating in NaNoWriMo, good luck!

5 comments:

chris said...

I heard about this on the radio a while back. Sounds like fun. Good luck with your novel!

brittney said...

how fun! wish we could be there to do it with you. I recently read Crossing to Safety and it reminded me of you guys in lots of ways: young couple, writer, new baby, story of two couple's lasting friendship. It just makes me miss you guys!

Life with Mark and Kristin said...

Wow! I learn something new every day. You guys know how to have fun in life! Good luck with the writing. We'll look forward to a signed copy of a book once Steve or Adam are published. It all starts somewhere, right?!

Kristen said...

Always up to something exciting. Let us know how it turns out. Sorry we missed you at the party on Saturday.. we would have loved to see all of you.

Angie said...

That's fun and different. Good luck with the novel!