Sunday, June 16, 2013

Spud Run 5K and Kids Fun Run!

This weekend was the annual Spud Run which is part of our city's festival they put on each June. We have made it a tradition to go and do it as a family.














I have been running a lot in my life lately and totally enjoy it. I ended up finishing in 26:34 (an 8:33 pace) which is a 5k PR for me. I tied as the 3rd female to finish and was 3rd in my gender/age group, too! And all that while being 3 months pregnant! I don't have a pic of me running (which is probably a good thing--they are often not too great). But here is a great pic of Steve and his dad running in:



















Nash and Ava signed up for the 1/4 mile run. Ava ended up not doing it (she doesn't like attention or crowds and a few seconds after the start she realized this entailed both), but Nash went on to get third place! Here's our stud running in:

















We all had fun watching and cheering on our family and friends that ran the race!

No comments: